Friday, October 30, 2009

Fear...

Fear of the future, fear of sickness, of the swine flu, fear of where the government is going, fear of world events, fear of the UNKNOWN.

FEAR has robbed me of joy. It has sapped me of my strength. I keep fighting it, worrying....letting my thoughts run wild. STOP! It is enough. I am done.

God is my Father...I am his child, since when is that not enough? Has worrying ever helped me? Has it made things better?

And why do I worry, when I am so blessed. I have an incredible husband, 3 beautiful daughters who are healthy and have more energy than a herd of elephants on most days. I love the life God has given me. Love living in the city! Yet I'm allowing fear to rob me of my joy for life.

Forgive me Father for not trusting in you....TODAY I will embrace life! I will enjoy the moment. I will love this gift God has given me in TODAY!

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to an all-knowing God.
Corrie ten Boom

Don't worry about anything;instead pray about everything.Tell God what you need, and thank him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:5-7

No comments: